Tuesday 23 April 2013

Tomato, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Baguette

Just for a change, I thought I would do a savoury post.  I couldn't decide what to make for dinner tonight, but I was craving tomatoes and goat cheese.....which is not unusual for me...and all we had in the house was soup and a frozen baguette.  Soup and bread is very appealing in the winter months, but I felt like something fresh tonight.  So this is what I came up with - and it was DELICIOUS. I have said it before, and I will say it again, nothing beats tomato, cheese, and bread.  Fact.  Note to self: wouldn't this be fantastic with asparagus and maybe gruyere.....hmmm, might have to stock up on baguettes....


Tomato, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Baguette

  • baguette
  • pesto
  • tomato sauce
  • goat cheese
  • large handful of spinach leaves, washed and dried
  • 8 grape tomatoes
  • balsamic vinegar



Slice a baguette lengthwise and place on a baking sheet.  Spoon teaspoonfuls of pesto onto baguette at regular intervals, alternating with teaspoonfuls of tomato sauce.  Pile spinach leaves on, and top with globs of goat cheese, the more the merrier.  Slice grape tomatoes into halves or thirds and place on top.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake for 7-10 minutes in a 375 degree oven, followed by a few minutes of broiling.


 What are your favourite summer flavours?  I can't wait for rhubarb and strawberry pie....!

No comments:

Post a Comment