Thursday 29 August 2013

Blueberry Crumble Squares

I'm really glad I stumbled onto this blog.  I like her style, she isn't all about the $$ as she refuses to accept products and books to review for her blog (which is really refreshing), AND she created these delicious blueberry squares....(well, she calls them bars - but let's not call the whole thing off).  

My husband and I scarfed the whole pan down in 2 days.  And I would have immediately tossed together another batch, had I another pint of berries.  Tossed together is appropriate, given how incredibly easy this is to make.  Like, 5 minutes prep.  And I didn't even grease the pan!



Blueberry Crumble Squares
slightly adapted from Smitten Kitchen

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch

In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.  Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Divide in half and using the back of a spoon, press half of the dough into the pan.

In another bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Pour the blueberry mixture over the dough into a 9x9 inch pan.  With your fingers, crumble the remaining dough over top of the blueberries.

Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment